Wedding details are anything and everything about a wedding that provide some kind of look to a wedding.
This is an ideal timetable. Couples who do not have as much time as shown should plan their wedding in much the same order, using the checklist as a guide.
This is a complete planning guide, detailing everything from budgeting to guest list management and music to flowers, will make organizing your perfect wedding both fun and easy. Start off with the time line below and define your deadlines for each task. If you are starting your wedding planning less than 6 months before the wedding date, it’s time to get to work! Don’t ever let the workload of planning your wedding get in the way of this exhilarating experience of a lifetime.
AFTER YOUR ENGAGEMENT
- Decide on the style and time of year for your wedding.
- Will your wedding be an intimate celebration, a formal affair or a glamorous event?
- Discuss budget, size and style of the wedding. Decide who contributing for what.
- Contact a travel agent if planning a destination wedding.
- If you would like, you can have a wedding planner.
- Create a system to organize your thoughts, photos, worksheets, etc. (e.g., binder, web folder, Pinterest account).
- Prepare a preliminary guest list and compile addresses.
- Make all transportation arrangements to and from the wedding and the reception.
- Set your wedding date and book the ceremony and reception venue(s).
- Book the ceremony officiant.
- Order the wedding cake.
- Decide on your flowers (colours, types etc.)
- Choose your ceremony and reception music.
- Book a photographer and videographer.
- Plan your Honeymoon and book your accommodations.
- Start setting up your new home.
- Identify the people you would like to ask for help with the planning.
- Book engagement photo session well enough in advance to use photo in save the dates.
- Choose your bridal gown, accessories, veil and shoes.
6 MONTHS BEFORE or EARLIER
- Arrange for rentals like tables, chairs etc.
- Order wedding invitations, Thank You cards and all other stationary.
- If you would like to use one, research and find a professional calligrapher.
- Register for your wedding gifts.
- Purchase your wedding bands.
- If you will have a wedding party, select the attire for the groomsmen and bridesmaids
- Buy or rent the groom’s tuxedo.
- Purchase the rest of the bridal accessories, such as stockings and lingerie.
- Order the wedding favours.
- Book a hotel room for your wedding night.
- Make accommodation arrangements for the guests.
- If you would like, start taking dance classes.
- Decide on your hairdresser and makeup artist.
1-2 MONTHS BEFORE or EARLIER
- Make a “Must Play” and “Do Not Play” music list for the band or DJ.
- If you are required to get blood tests, make appointments for these tests.
- Make arrangements for your wedding permit and other official papers
- If you will be keeping your maiden name, prepare the proper documents.
- Book a hair and makeup rehearsal with your veil.
- Contact the necessary companies and organizations to change your address.
- Purchase a guestbook/album.
2 WEEKS BEFORE
- Do a bridal gown rehearsal with your accessories and lingerie.
- Prepare the seating plan and table cards.
- Give the caterer a guest head count.
- Call guests who have not yet sent in their RSVP.
- Send out ceremony announcements.
- Wear your bridal shoes around the house to work them in.
- If you have plants or pets, arrange to have someone take care of them when you are on your honeymoon.
- Confirm where your guests are staying if you would like to leave them a “Welcome” note or package in their rooms.
1 WEEK BEFORE
- Decide on the final seating plan arrangement.
- Get any skincare treatments, if necessary.
- Pick up your bridal gown.
- Discuss and confirm all the final details with your caterer.
- Review your honeymoon itinerary and share it with a friend, in the case of an emergency.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
- Give the caterer the final guest head count.
1 DAY BEFORE
- Confirm all transportation arrangements.
- Put all the ceremony-related accessories, such as favours, wedding band boxes, ring bearer pillow and guestbook in a box to be taken to the venue.
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Do a ceremony rehearsal.
- If you would like, you may give your parents Thank You gifts for all their help and support.
- Set aside all the cash payments and tips in a separate envelope, and confirm whom you will be handing them out to on the wedding day.
ON YOUR WEDDING DAY
- RELAX and ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY..!!